Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surrendering!

The God I serve is so on time! Whether it satisfies my impatience or teaches me a little more endurance, his will for my life always has it’s perfect design! I defiantly am not in the same place as my last blog so I want to move forward with the revelation that God gave me...surrendering!

I want to remove my "I" and replace it with "we". The last two days I have become more aware that this journey I am on is not just for me, but it is for others as well! Even through my pain and frustration, God has been speaking...revealing the layers I have entangled around not only my heart, but around my body! I want to move from this tomb in worship and see how God moves in my surrender! WE need to move from this tomb and see how God moves in OUR surrender!

So this note will be very quick, because there is no time to linger in what God has already removed me from. Shortly after I sent out my blog and started reading Psalms 25 like it was my own, I felt a breaking! The cracks in the perimeter I placed between me and God began to stretch, and my focus on worship began to cause the walls to fall. Seeking God's face and NOT his hand in this next season, is my hearts desire. I mean I've said it before, but I always get distracted because after a while, your like do this for me! There is something that the old folks in the church say, "If he never does another thing for you, he is still worthy of ALL of the Praise"

So that's what I intend to do. I'm going back to being still and not moving so "fast", and praise him even if he does nothing else for me. I'm not going to focus on how hard that sounds, because every step I've taken in surrendering those far has brought my confidence back in the word of God being so true.

Driving up the coast from work on Friday, and hour from pressing send on my blog, over a week from my broken heart, several days from deciding I was "Worth the Fight", my ears rested on 99.5 to hear a word from Dr. McGee! I was turning into the canyon from the coast and the reception began to go in and out, but the first thing I heard him say was "STOP FIGHTING". His words immediately grabbed my attention, because as you know, I have been fighting God, myself, everything, to prove that I am WORTH more than just something. I was fighting to get my value back...to move out of this deadness that was sticking around me...and here was a new word to stop fighting! He continued to explain that Joshua was a military leader, and when God told him to claim what was his, he never gave him instructions to go in fighting, he told them to walk around! He told them to be quiet..."be still"..and walk around! He even had them prepare by getting circumcised! Everything was a surrender to the complete authority of God, because whether Joshua had the skills to lead the war was aside the point, the fight was left to God.

This blew my mind. I mean I had heard of the walls of Jericho falling, and ironically last year this time I heard a word that released me that was based on this exact book, but her I am getting deeper into it! God is going to do the fighting...I'm going to be surrendering...

So for the next couple of days I'll be reading and getting all that I need from Joshua, and going on this "Man in the Mirror" Challenge that was placed inside me and go from there. I just believe at the end of the day God wants me to be whole...you know.

Joshua 1:1-9

1-9 After the death of Moses the servant of God, God spoke to Joshua, Moses' assistant:

"Moses my servant is dead. Get going. Cross this Jordan River, you and all the people. Cross to the country I'm giving to the People of Israel. I'm giving you every square inch of the land you set your foot on—just as I promised Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon east to the Great River, the Euphrates River—all the Hittite country—and then west to the Great Sea. It's all yours. All your life, no one will be able to hold out against you. In the same way I was with Moses, I'll be with you. I won't give up on you; I won't leave you. Strength! Courage! You are going to lead this people to inherit the land that I promised to give their ancestors. Give it everything you have, heart and soul. Make sure you carry out The Revelation that Moses commanded you, every bit of it. Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you're going. And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed. Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take."

No comments:

Post a Comment