Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 1 - My Reflection

Theme: Man in the Mirror Challenge

Place: Your Mirror! Go to the bathroom mirror, closet mirror, anywhere you feel like you’d have privacy as well as a chance to look at yourself!

Time: This would be great if you spent a specific time everyday to meet Christ in your reflection. I’m going to do this in the mornings during my worship, but maybe you just might want to do it when you have a chance after work, or during a lunch break. Maybe we might have to do this bad boy several times a day…I probably might!

Day 1
My Reflection
I just added this photo (8/31/2010) because I thought it was appropriate. I am a HUGE MJ fan, but even the most die hard fan couldn't negate the fact that his need to change his appearance would change from year to year. When we do it the worlds way we distort our creation. When God works within us he REBUILDS, RESTORES,& REUNITES his creation through salvation, grace, trust, faith, and above all LOVE


What my OLD Reflection looked like

James 1:24

(The Message)

Don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.

Isaiah 3:9

(New International Version)

9 The look on their faces testifies against them;they parade their sin like Sodom; 
 they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.

My HOPE

1 Corinthians 13:12

(New King James Version)

12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12

(The Message)

12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!


Scripture to say in the mirror

…Good morning! You're beautiful with God's beauty, Beautiful inside and out! God be with you!

Psalms 139:14 NKJV
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Marvelous are Your works,
And
that my soul knows very well.

Psalms 139: 13-16 (The Message)
13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.

Believing
When I was first lead to the story of Lazarus I noticed that Christ was able to move because he first believed that he heard his prayers.
Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and prayed, "Father, I'm grateful that you have listened to me. I know you always do listen, but on account of this crowd standing here I've spoken so that they might believe that you sent me."

Prayer
Father God, I thank you and Praise you for being a God who works in our mess! Just last week I was angry and frustrated. Doubting that I even heard your voice, and today I'm up late, making sure that I study what is in your word! I ask that you will decrease me and increase in everything I do. I ask that those who join, and/or stumble upon this will be blessed, and that your Holy spirit will guide each person according to their need...and to YOUR riches and glory, not our own.
We thank you for the reflection that is being changed this minute. We use to see through mirrors that had carvings of what we thought of ourselves, through distorted circus-like mirrors, through shattered glass mirrors,but I thank you that we are none of those things that we use to think we saw. I ask that you will continue to guide me in your word. That you will guide others..that we may share how you want us to see ourselves, the way you have ALWAYS seen us.
We come against every man who has become a crutch for our self esteem. The one that has poured negativity in our minds and hearts. We come against the void that we feel when there is no one validating our worth! We come against superficial beauty, low self esteem, beauty addicted to others words, and beauty that becomes a clone to the stereotypes of an evil world! It HAS NO PLACE in this new wine skin!
The REFLECTIONS we see is FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE, by I God who came down as a man just to pay the ultimate sacrifice for these sins that we sacrifice to you today. Do what you do best. Be GOD alone!
I love you
Shamael & whomsoever's beautiful face is praying this with me in this season or the next!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment