Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 11-My tongue

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God

Day 11
Tongue
amplified
And every
tongue [ frankly and openly]
confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

My discouragement

amplified
And Moses said to the Lord, O Lord, I am not eloquent or a man of words, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and have a heavy and awkward
tongue.

amplified
Is there wrong on my tongue?
Cannot my taste discern what is destructive?

Before I go on..am I the only one who struggles with this!
why can I not taste what is destructive for me! God has to change my desire!

The Problem

amplified
Though wickedness is sweet in his mouth, though he hides it under his
tongue,

amplified
His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, oppression (fraud);
under his tongue are trouble and sin (mischief and iniquity).

amplified
Their throat is a yawning grave; they use their tongues to deceive
(to mislead and to deal treacherously).
The venom of asps is beneath their lips.

amplified
Just so it is with you;
if you in the [unknown] tongue speak words that are not intelligible,
how will anyone understand what you are saying?
For you will be talking into empty space!

James 1:26 amplified
If anyone thinks himself to be religious (piously observant of the external duties of his faith) and does not bridle his
tongue but deludes his own heart, this person's religious service is worthless (futile, barren).

James 3:5-9 amplified

5Even so the tongue is a little member, and it can boast of great things. See how much wood or how great a forest a tiny spark can set ablaze!

6And the tongue is a fire. [The tongue is a] world of wickedness set among our members, contaminating and depraving the whole body and setting on fire the wheel of birth (the cycle of man's nature), being itself ignited by hell (Gehenna).

7For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea animal, can be tamed and has been tamed by human genius (nature).

8But the human tongue can be tamed by no man. It is a restless (undisciplined, irreconcilable) evil, full of deadly poison.

9With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse men who were made in God's likeness!



The prayer...to my Reflection in the mirror

Psalm 39:1
I SAID, I will take heed and guard my ways, that I may sin not with my tongue; I will muzzle my mouth as with a bridle while the wicked are before me.


amplified
The Spirit of the Lord spoke in and by me, and His word was upon my
tongue.

Psalm 35:28
And my tongue shall talk of Your righteousness, rightness, and justice, and of [my reasons for] Your praise all the day long.

Acts 2:26
Therefore my heart rejoiced and my tongue exulted exceedingly; moreover, my flesh also will dwell in hope [will encamp, pitch its tent, and dwell in hope in anticipation of the resurrection].

Psalms 66:16-20
16-20 All believers, come here and listen,
let me tell you what God did for me.
I called out to him with my mouth,
my tongue shaped the sounds of music.
If I had been cozy with evil,
the Lord would never have listened.
But he most surely did listen,
he came on the double when he heard my prayer.
Blessed be God: he didn't turn a deaf ear,
he stayed with me, loyal in his love.

Prayer
Holy Father...thank you for this process!
It sucks some days, I get frustrated, I want to stop, I want to go fast and have what I want..yes God I am a brat!
I'm sorry for my limited mind tryn to understand your perfect process, I'm sorry God for my tongue speaking in ways that embarrass you and even this process.
I'm sorry for the words "hate you!" spewing out to those who have hurt me... and for those who I have issues with,...sometimes even my family
and the things we say are hurtful.
Lord, soften my heart so I can respond better with my tongue. give me wisdom
so I can say things with my tongue better without confusion.

I don't know who else is praying with me today, but I pray that we are delivered
from the sexual thing that our tongue gets us into. Late night talks that lead to immorality, things we do with our tongue that we joke about and are callous to,
man God...remove the hardness from us.
We joke and laugh because it means nothing...actually its the norm, but God since we are a PECULIAR people, show us how to be different. Comfort us in the process, as we are detached from the OLD WAYS. THE OLD TONGUE...
Being vulnerable sucks sometimes, I don't struggle with everything in this prayer, but I'd be a bold face lie if I hadn't and I would no be proclaiming the truth if I didn't say that the things I use to struggle with...with my tongue GRACE and prayer...the process of salvation delivered me
like for real..lol
So Father cover this...whatever I forgot that need fixing in MY LIFE...what I don't see, please show me in the mirror. O gosh and help me when I see it not to beat up on myself too much. You made me beautiful and everyday I see it more
Bless whoever else is on this prayer...I don't know your need, I'd pray for it if I did! But God you do..so we lift it up to you

I love you more than you know
But I guess you do!
In Jesus Name we pray!
Amen

Sham

No comments:

Post a Comment