Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 12-My Smile

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God
Smile

My smile is Blessed!

Numbers 6:24-26
God bless you and keep you!
God SMILE on you and gift you,
God look you full in the face and prosper

Proverbs 15:13
A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face;
a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day

Psalms 34:4-5
God met me more than halfway,
He freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at him; give him Your warmest SMILE ( give it to your reflection)
Never hide your feelings from him

Songs of Solomon 4:3-4
Your SMILE is generous and full
Expressive and strong and clean.
Your lips are jewel red
Your mouth elegant and inviting,
Your veiled check soft and radiant

Psalms 80:3
God, come back!
SMILE your blessing SMILE:
That will be our salvation

Hebrews 10:32-39
Remember those early days after you first saw the light? Those were the hard times! Kicked around in public, targets of every kind of abuse-some days it was you, other days it was your friends. If some friends went to prison,you stuck by them. If some enemies broke in and seized your goods, you let them go with a SMILE, KNOWING they COULDN'T TOUCH your real treasure :-)! Nothing they did bothered you, nothing set you back. So don't throw it al away now. You were sure of yourselves then. Its still a sure thing! But you NEED to stick it out, staying with Gods plan so you'll be there for the PROMISED COMPLETION!

Prayer!
Father God, thank you for smiling on us!
It seems at times we aren't fair to you and only want to see you as a God that takes things away! A God that does anything else but simply smile at us, your creation! I look in the mirror today and I smile because your WORD shows me you are smiling back at me! And it true, they can't touch my real treasure! God they can't take my joy, that can't take my self esteem, they can't take my salvation! Teach me God how to not give it away! You are faithful Father to teach us the many dimensions of your love if we just would seek the first!
I wanted to just focus on scriptures that didn't show the past, today I want to look to the future and see the smiles in it. Father a pray for my friends who have lost their smiles under the lust of society, under the expectation of the "lifestyle", under the lies, under the despair, under frustration, between loneliness and unwanted solitude, free us from ourselves! Free us from the distorted smile. Your Real father! Faking it til you make it can't be all there is!
I pray for those who have to smile in the midst of a crowd. Saving face because internally the fight continues! Bring comfort! Bring answers! Bring friendship dripped in accountability!
Today I hold hands and smile walking around the wall, knowing any day now the walls that I've built, the separation I've created will fall heavily to the ground!
In jesus name I pray
Amen
The smiling shami!

No comments:

Post a Comment