Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 8

My mouth - What I put in it

When we were separated for God
Genesis 1:16-17
God commanded the Man, "You can eat from any tree in the garden, except from the Tree-of-Knowledge-of-Good-and-Evil. Don't eat from it. The moment you eat from that tree, you're dead."

My pastor preached on Daniel yesterday and the changing of our taste. Before I wanted to spend time on the outward appearance of my mouth...I wanted to start with what I digest and how I have become addicted to things. Today has been a difficult day because I am still walking and honestly I feel like I'm posting this up and the process isn't moving fast enough! I'm still feeling things I don't want to....still tryn to apply my life to Gods word more than a week, and it's really hard.
My doctor wont let me have sugar. I can't have ANYTHING that naturally makes sugar, not fruits or even agave :(
I'm constantly fighting my cravings and it's DIFFICULT when the stuff you want to replace it with isn't even bad...it's just NOT GOOD FOR YOU!

Daniel 1: 8 NKJV
But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies (the world), nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

Daniel 1:11-15
So Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then let our appearance be examined before you, and the appearance of the young men who eat the portion of the king’s delicacies; and as you see fit, so deal with your servants.” 14 So he consented with them in this matter, and tested them ten days.
15 And at the end of ten days their features appeared better and fatter in flesh than all the young men who ate the portion of the king’s delicacies. 16 Thus the steward took away their portion of delicacies and the wine that they were to drink, and gave them vegetables.

What I want to encourage myself and whoever is out there...that what we digest during this journey will change our appearance if we continue to fed upon God's word. We have to be consistent, because changing you taste is a difficult process.

Prayer in Scripture

Psalm 36:7
How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings, To eat our fill at the banquet you spread as you fill our tankards with Eden spring water. You're a fountain of cascading light, and you open our eyes to light.

Psalm 22:25
Here in this great gathering for worship I have discovered this praise-life. And I'll do what I promised right here in front of the God-worshipers. Down-and-outers sit at God's table and eat their fill. Everyone on the hunt for God is here, praising him. "Live it up, from head to toe. Don't ever quit!"

I just lay this at your feet and surrender
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment