Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 17-My Hair

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God
Day 17
My Hair

Leviticus 10:6
Then Moses said to Aaron and his sons Eleazar and Ithamar, "Do not let your hair become unkempt...

Judges 16:22
But the hair on his head began to grow again after it had been shaved.

My New Reflection
But the men said to Saul, "Should Jonathan die—he who has brought about this great deliverance in Israel? Never! As surely as the LORD lives, not a hair of his head will fall to the ground, for he did this today with God's help." So the men rescued Jonathan, and he was not put to death.

Song of Solomon 7:5NKJV
Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel, And the hair of your head is like purple; A king is held captive by your tresses.

Song of Solomon 4:1
How beautiful you are, my darling!
Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead.

Song of Solomon 5:11
_____________ head is purest gold; her hair is wavy and black as a raven.

Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Being Holy
Don't you agree there is something naturally powerful in the symbolism—a woman, her beautiful hair reminiscent of angels, praying in adoration...

1 Peter 3:1
[ Cultivate Inner Beauty ]
The same goes for you wives: Be good wives to your husbands, responsive to their needs. There are husbands who, indifferent as they are to any words about God, will be captivated by your life of holy beauty. What matters is not your outer appearance—the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes—but your inner disposition.

Luke 7:44
Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head.


Prayer :-)

It's a marvelous day isn't it Father God!
Thank you for another opportunity to do this!
Thank you for another opportunity to have Internet, and research on my cell phone during the day! Even on the computer or in your written word that I have with me! You are a super cool God and I appreciate you!
I appreciate this process, and what it's doing within me!
I come against the name of Jesus the prince of principalities over the social standards of HAIR! Things that bind us because of how it grows from our scalp.Lord God it has us stuck! Stuck in a pattern of what the world...what society, our peers, the circumstances...it got us confused about what you have told us about our CROWN!
I've been a victim to it for too long God! I wonder if I look prettier if it's blonde, or if its longer? Maybe if it wasn't so nappy...maybe if it was more like that...why couldn't it be more like that?
Lord I am beautifully and wonderfully made! The women who is reading this who may have had a hair moment is beautifully and wonderfully made too! Remind us today! When we look in the mirror remind us that what we se is now through
"blessed" perspective! We don't see our hair the same way we did when we started! this is a real prayer...for real God. It's a stronghold for some of us!
I remeer when I fasted from my weave. it was because you wanted me to see myself...it was hard! i didn't go out! I was embarrassed
I didnt think I ould compete...
But I AM A PECULIAR PERSON
and this right here short,, bold, long, whatever is what you have made
how dare I be disgusted with it!
So help me
Help us!
Help the MEN who ONLY want women with specific hair!
It's a domino affect that causes unseen damage.
Heal the land. Heal the thinking and taste of the people!

Real talk Father, I've stared and been discouraged on how you've made me...
about my hair and that's problem.
So I rest on your word, I apply it to my reflection! I rejoice in what I see
The transformation.
Thank you for your grace!
In Jesus name I pray Amen!
sham

If you loved the painting in this piece PLEASE check out
http://blueingreenonrepeat.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment