Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 13-My Teeth

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God
Day 13
My Teeth

My Old Reflection
the message
"I can't believe what I'm hearing!
You've put my teeth on edge, my stomach in a knot. How dare you insult my intelligence like this! Well, here's a piece of my mind!


Matthew 6:16
"When you practice some appetite-denying discipline to better concentrate on God, don't make a production out of it. It might turn you into a small-time celebrity but it won't make you a saint. If you 'go into training' inwardly, act normal outwardly. Shampoo and comb your hair, brush your teeth, wash your face. God doesn't require attention-getting devices. He won't overlook what you are doing; he'll reward you well.

1 John 1:6
If we claim that we experience a shared life with him and continue to stumble around in the dark, we're obviously lying through our teeth—we're not living what we claim. But if we walk in the light, God himself being the light, we also experience a shared life with one another, as the sacrificed blood of Jesus, God's Son, purges all our sin.

Amos 4:6
I also gave you cleanness of teeth in all your cities and want of bread in all your places; yet you did not return to Me, says the Lord.

The New Reflection

Song of Solomon 4:2
Your teeth are whiter than sheep freshly washed;
they match perfectly, not one is missing.



Prayer
Father God, today was a hard day... started off so excited about learning about my smile and then it took one thing to set me back. My prayer doesn't have to do much about teeth, but it has more to do with me caring what other think...
It messes with my joy, stops my teeth from allowing good things to come out
I'm defensive God
Pray that this process isn't in vain, that you don't embarrass me in this process
that there is 360 healing,
the process is the process
and I have to believe that though you are not finished that your work
here has not been in vein
amen
sha

No comments:

Post a Comment