Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 22-My Back

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God
My Back
NKJV


Lower Back Problems
Proverbs 29:11
A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back.

Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”

Therefore they turned their backs before the men of Israel in the direction of the wilderness; but the battle overtook them, and whoever came out of the cities they destroyed in their midst.

1 Samuel 15:11
“I greatly regret that I have set up Saul as king, for he has turned back from following Me, and has not performed My commandments.” And it grieved Samuel, and he cried out to the LORD all night.

Jeremiah 11:10
They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers who refused to hear My words, and they have gone after other gods to serve them; the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken My covenant which I made with their fathers.”

Hosea 11:7
My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they call to the Most High, None at all exalt Him.

God's Response
And they have turned to Me the back, and not the face; though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not listened to receive instruction.

Jeremiah 3:12
Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: ‘ Return, backsliding Israel,’ says the LORD; ‘ I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,’ says the LORD; ‘ I will not remain angry forever.

Hosea 14:4
“ I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, For My anger has turned away from him.

My New Reflection
So it was, when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, that God gave him another heart; and all those signs came to pass that day.

Lamentations 3:40
Let us search out and examine our ways, And turn back to the LORD;

Lamentations 5:21
Turn us back to You, O LORD, and we will be restored; Renew our days as of old,

Joshua 10:25
Joshua told them, "Don't hold back. Don't be timid. Be strong! Be confident! This is what God will do to all your enemies when you fight them."

Prayer
Father God, Turn it around so that we no longer have our Backs towards you but that our faces are seeking your Face. That we are moving parellel with your ways because we are moving with our backs towards the old way of life!
That proverbs scripture really got me. I know I want to vent..
and express what I'm feeling before I explode!
But your wisdom says its best to hold back.
I NEED YOUR HELP
I don't even know what it looks like to hold back, because it feels like defeat! Teach me how to handle this stuff..
and comfort me when my sharing is not an over share.
I know you have called me to be transparent
and know as I pray this you show me the difference
Thank you Father!
Moving in erratic emotion to pull a result or an emotion from someone else is wrong.
sharing an emotion to encourage the body of Christ is more than alright
dude your cool...and instant answer
So Father we come against Backsliding... did it yesterday :(
We come against going BACK to the stuff we know is wrong, but feels good
Help us in the Idol times!
I'm sitting around tryn not to get into anything, but the time is spent so wastefully
turn us BACK to your FACE
Turn us BACK to your ways
Thank you for the process...thank you for the process
I command HEALING in my mind, body, temple, soul, my heart, my eyes, my reflection,my ears, my nose, mouth,tongue,lips,neck,shoulders, my everything!
We command it to ourselves!
There is NO TURNING BACK from you
Teach us how to Walk on water
In Jesus name we Pray
Amen
Shami

No comments:

Post a Comment