Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 27-My Arms

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God

Day 27
My Arms


Old Reflection
Hosea 7:15
Though I disciplined and strengthened their arms, Yet they devise evil against Me;

Zechariah 13:6
And one will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’


God's Loving Arms
Hosea 11:3
“ I taught Ephraim to walk, Taking them by their arms; But they did not know that I healed them.

Isaiah 49:22
This is what the Sovereign LORD says: "See, I will beckon to the Gentiles, I will lift up my banner to the peoples; they will bring your sons in their arms and carry your daughters on their shoulders.

John 5:41
"I'm not interested in crowd approval. And do you know why?
Because I know you and your crowds. I know that love, especially God's love, is not on your working agenda. I came with the authority of my Father, and you either dismiss me or avoid me. If another came, acting self-important, you would welcome him with open arms. How do you expect to get anywhere with God when you spend all your time jockeying for position with each other, ranking your rivals and ignoring God?

Romans 14:1
[ Cultivating Good Relationships ]
Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way you do. And don't jump all over them every time they do or say something you don't agree with—even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.


New Reflection

Genesis 49:24
But his bow remained in strength,
And the arms of his hands were made strong By the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob

Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’

Judges 15:14
...Then the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him;
and the ropes that were on his arms became like flax that is burned with fire,
and his bonds broke loose from his hands.

Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength,And makes my way perfect.

Psalm 37:17
For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,But the LORD upholds the righteous.

Proverbs 31:17
She girds herself with strength, And strengthens her arms.

Isaiah 51:5
My righteousness is near, My salvation has gone forth, And My arms will judge the peoples; The coastlands will wait upon Me, And on My arm they will trust.

Ezekiel 13:20
‘Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against your magic charms by which you hunt souls there like birds. I will tear them from your arms, and let the souls go, the souls you hunt like birds.

1 Kings 8:54
Having finished praying to God—all these bold and passionate prayers—Solomon stood up before God's Altar where he had been kneeling all this time, his arms stretched upward to heaven. Standing, he blessed the whole congregation of Israel, blessing them at the top of his lungs:

Micah 7:11
Oh, that will be a day! A day for rebuilding your city, a day for stretching your arms, spreading your wings! All your dispersed and scattered people will come back, old friends and family from faraway places, From Assyria in the east to Egypt in the west, from across the seas and out of the mountains. But there'll be a reversal for everyone else—massive depopulation— because of the way they lived, the things they did.

1 John 2:28
[ Live Deeply in Christ ] And now, children, stay with Christ. Live deeply in Christ. Then we'll be ready for him when he appears, ready to receive him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when he arrives.

Jude 1:20
But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!

Psalm 131:2
I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content.

Prayer
We stretch out our arms to you! Grateful for removing the chains, removing the things that had us bound! We open our arms to those who are lost and stretch ourselves to be examples! We open up our arms across the church and stand in unity! We stretch arms to carry the load of being a christian! Proud of the yoke for it is easy and light compared to what we could be holding on too!

We lift our arms to you in surrender! We lift our arms to you in submission! We lift our arms to you reaching for you as u lead us into righteousness!
We thank you for your word above and we appreciate the sacrifice of you stretching you arms for our salvation!
In Jesus name. Amen
Sham

No comments:

Post a Comment