Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 37-My Belly

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God
Day 37
My Belly

The Origin

Genesis 3:14
God told the serpent: "Because you've done this, you're cursed, cursed beyond all cattle and wild animals, Cursed to slink on your belly and eat dirt all your life. I'm declaring war between you and the Woman, between your offspring and hers. He'll wound your head, you'll wound his heel."

The Old Reflection of sin
Numbers 5:27
When he has made her drink the water, then it shall be, if she has defiled herself and behaved unfaithfully toward her husband, that the water that brings a curse will enter her and become bitter, and her
belly will swell, her thigh will rot, and the woman will become a curse among her people.

Job 20:15
He swallows down riches And vomits them up again; God casts them out of his
belly.

New King James Version
For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

New King James Version
whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

Watch your DIET (wisdom)
The Message
Listening to gossip is like eating cheap candy; do you really want junk like that in your belly?

Ecclesiastes 5:12
Hard and honest work earns a good night's sleep, Whether supper is beans or steak. But a rich man's belly gives him insomnia.


Belly Pains!
"But you never told me about this part. I should have known that there was more to it— That if I so much as missed a step, you'd notice and pounce, wouldn't let me get by with a thing. If I'm truly guilty, I'm doomed. But if I'm innocent, it's no better—I'm still doomed. My belly is full of bitterness. I'm up to my ears in a swamp of affliction. I try to make the best of it, try to brave it out, but you're too much for me, relentless, like a lion on the prowl. You line up fresh witnesses against me. You compound your anger and pile on the grief and pain!

Jeremiah 20:7
You pushed me into this, God, and I let you do it. You were too much for me. And now I'm a public joke. They all poke fun at me. Every time I open my mouth I'm shouting, "Murder!" or "Rape!" And all I get for my God-warnings are insults and contempt. But if I say, "Forget it! No more God-Messages from me!" The words are fire in my belly, a burning in my bones. I'm worn out trying to hold it in. I can't do it any longer! Then I hear whispering behind my back: "There goes old 'Danger-Everywhere.' Shut him up! Report him!" Old friends watch, hoping I'll fall flat on my face: "One misstep and we'll have him. We'll get rid of him for good!"

My Reflection Being prepared for purpose
New King James Version
And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.” So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness.

New King James Version
[
Jonah’s Prayer and Deliverance ]
Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

The Message
Then
God assigned a huge fish to swallow Jonah. Jonah was in the fish's belly three days and nights.

The Message
This is my verse RIGHT here! it will be in my being still part 2...o gosh I LOOOOVE it!
[
At the Bottom of the Sea ]
Then Jonah prayed to his God from the belly of the fish. He prayed: "In trouble, deep trouble, I prayed to God. He answered me. From the belly of the grave I cried, 'Help!' You heard my cry. You threw me into ocean's depths, into a watery grave, With ocean waves, ocean breakers crashing over me. I said, 'I've been thrown away, thrown out, out of your sight. I'll never again lay eyes on your Holy Temple.' Ocean gripped me by the throat. The ancient Abyss grabbed me and held tight. My head was all tangled in seaweed at the bottom of the sea where the mountains take root. I was as far down as a body can go, and the gates were slamming shut behind me forever— Yet you pulled me up from that grave alive, O God, my God! When my life was slipping away, I remembered God, And my prayer got through to you, made it all the way to your Holy Temple. Those who worship hollow gods, god-frauds, walk away from their only true love.
But I'm worshiping you, God, calling out in thanksgiving! And I'll do what I promised I'd do!
Salvation belongs to God!"

New King James Version
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.


God's Response
The Message
"Open up, heavens, and rain. Clouds, pour out buckets of my goodness! Loosen up, earth, and bloom salvation; sprout right living. I, God, generate all this. But doom to you who fight your Maker— you're a pot at odds with the potter! Does clay talk back to the potter: 'What are you doing? What clumsy fingers!' Would a sperm say to a father, 'Who gave you permission to use me to make a baby?' Or a fetus to a mother, 'Why have you cooped me up in this belly?'"

Matthew 12:39
Jesus said, "You're looking for proof, but you're looking for the wrong kind. All you want is something to titillate your curiosity, satisfy your lust for miracles. The only proof you're going to get is what looks like the absence of proof: Jonah-evidence. Like Jonah, three days and nights in the fish's belly, the Son of Man will be gone three days and nights in a deep grave.

Jude 1:14
Enoch, the seventh after Adam, prophesied of them: "Look! The Master comes with thousands of holy angels to bring judgment against them all, convicting each person of every defiling act of shameless sacrilege, of every dirty word they have spewed of their pious filth." These are the "grumpers," the bellyachers, grabbing for the biggest piece of the pie, talking big, saying anything they think will get them ahead.
New Reflection
Job 40:16
What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his
belly!

New King James Version
Indeed my belly is like wine that has no vent;It is ready to burst like new wineskins.

New King James Version
With Your hand from men, O LORD,From men of the world who have their portion in this life, And whose belly You fill with Your hidden treasure. They are satisfied with children, And leave the rest of their possession for their babes.

Prayer!
Im so in love with your word this morning! I love everything about this! I love everything about the birthing of this word! It's rich and precious! It's sustaining...o gosh if I could just eat it all day...I will, but I'm going to eat this everyday! Love on it every moment! Your promise is beautiful and fulfilling!
O gosh..I'm kinda overwhelmed
The word today is AWESOME GOD!!!!
YES!
how cool is Jonah! I completely forgot, but I am reminded about being still and walking on water
This is the journey for those who would follow you
To God be the Glory!
We cover the bellies of those who are pregnant with promise and pregnant with purpose! We cover it in Jesus name that NON weapon formed against us will prosper. That every nutritious GODLY thing will be received in the pregnancy!
that what will be birthed will be birth in courage and in strength
Amen!
Shami

No comments:

Post a Comment