Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 59-My Heart Christ Response

The Man in the Mirror Journey
is a journey of walking out of a tomb and recognizing everyday the beauty and significance of how God created us. Instead of rebounding,re-bonding and finding esteem in the arms of someone else, these are the step to seeing it in the arms of God

Day 59
My Heart
Christ's Response
Matthew 14:31
Jesus didn't hesitate. He reached down and grabbed his hand. Then he said, "Faint-
heart, what got into you?"



My Old Reflection
Mark 10:22
The man's face clouded over.
This was the last thing he expected to hear, and he walked off with a heavy heart. He was holding on tight to a lot of things, and not about to let go.

Romans 7:25
The answer, Thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.


I don't really know where to put this but it is SOOO real I just hand to place it somewhere
Romans 9:14
Is that grounds for complaining that God is unfair? Not so fast, please. God told Moses, "I'm in charge of mercy. I'm in charge of compassion." Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy. The same point was made when God said to Pharaoh, "I picked you as a bit player in this drama of my salvation power." All we're saying is that God has the first word, initiating the action in which we play our part for good or ill.

and this perfectly follows...

Romans 10:1
[
Israel Reduced to Religion ]
Believe me, friends, all I want for Israel is what's best for Israel: salvation, nothing less. I want it with all my heart and pray to God for it all the time. I readily admit that the Jews are impressively energetic regarding God—but they are doing everything exactly backward. They don't seem to realize that this comprehensive setting-things-right that is salvation is God's business, and a most flourishing business it is. Right across the street they set up their own salvation shops and noisily hawk their wares. After all these years of refusing to really deal with God on his terms, insisting instead on making their own deals, they have nothing to show for it.

Heart to Heart
Conversation
Mark 6:32
So they got in the boat and went off to a remote place by themselves. Someone saw them going and the word got around. From the surrounding towns people went out on foot, running, and got there ahead of them. When Jesus arrived, he saw this huge crowd. At the sight of them, his
heart broke—like sheep with no shepherd they were. He went right to work teaching them.

...

Matthew 5:8
"You're blessed when you get your inside world—
your mind and heart—put right.
Then you can see God in the outside world.

Matthew 8:26
Jesus reprimanded them.
"Why are you such cowards, such faint-hearts?"
Then he stood up and told the wind to be silent, the sea to quiet down:
"Silence!" The sea became smooth as glass.

Matthew 12:6
"There is far more at stake here than religion.
If you had any idea what this Scripture meant—'I prefer a flexible heart to an inflexible ritual'—you wouldn't be nitpicking like this.
The Son of Man is no lackey to the Sabbath; he's in charge."

Matthew 13:11
He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they're blue in the face and not get it. I don't want Isaiah's forecast repeated all over again: Your ears are open but you don't hear a thing. Your eyes are awake but you don't see a thing. The people are blockheads! They stick their fingers in their ears so they won't have to listen; They screw their eyes shut so they won't have to look, so they won't have to deal with me face-to-face and let me heal them.

Matthew 13:18
[ The Meaning of the Harvest Story ]
"Study this story of the farmer planting seed.
When anyone hears news of the kingdom and doesn't take it in,
it just remains on the surface, and so the Evil One comes along and plucks it right out of that person's heart.
This is the seed the farmer scatters on the road.

Luke 4:8
Jesus refused, again backing his refusal with Deuteronomy:
"Worship the Lord your God and only the Lord your God.
Serve him with absolute single-heartedness."

Fake Christian Hearts
Matthew 23:1
[ Religious Fashion Shows ]
Now Jesus turned to address his disciples, along with the crowd that had gathered with them. "The religion scholars and Pharisees are competent teachers in God's Law. You won't go wrong in following their teachings on Moses. But be careful about following them. They talk a good line, but they don't live it. They don't take it into their hearts and live it out in their behavior. It's all spit-and-polish veneer.


My Heart's Comfort
Mark 6:50
Jesus was
quick to comfort them: "Courage! It's me. Don't be afraid."
As soon as he climbed into the boat, the wind died down. They were stunned, shaking their heads, wondering what was going on.
They didn't understand what he had done at the supper.
None of this had yet penetrated their hearts.


New Reflection
Luke 8:15
"But the seed in the good earth—these are the good-hearts who seize the Word and hold on no matter what, sticking with it until there's a harvest.

ummm hello expensive textile...fashion designer...that's me!
Acts 16:13
On the Sabbath, we left the city and went down along the river where we had heard there was to be a
prayer meeting.
We took our place with the women who had gathered there and talked with them. One woman, Lydia, was from Thyatira and a dealer in expensive textiles, known to be a God-fearing woman. As she listened with intensity to what was being said, the Master gave her a trusting heart
and she believed!

Acts 27:23
"Last night God's angel stood at my side, an angel of this God I serve, saying to me, 'Don't give up, Shamael. You're going to stand .....and everyone (on this journey) with you is also going to make it.' So, dear friends, take heart. I believe God will do exactly what he told me...."

Prayer
Romans 10:11
Scripture reassures us, "No one who trusts God like this—heart and soul—will ever regret it." It's exactly the same no matter what a person's religious background may be: the same God for all of us, acting the same incredibly generous way to everyone who calls out for help. "Everyone who calls, 'Help, God!' gets help."
In your word above it says that you respond to the heart that asks for help...and you do! The timing is always happening...You allow things that aren't always understood, but your help is always there.
Thank you for being there this week and healing me on another plane
I still have expectations of my healing...I'm not going to lie.
I just know that the growth to let that expectation go will probably be through your continual work with in me
the most profound thing I hear God was that I don't have to be perfect to find love...
I think in the back of my mind I was hoping and disappointed because I hadn't changed the way I wanted...
Its like in a way you're letting me know that "I'm enough" that the way you made me was perfect the first time...
that whoever you bring my way will get my corks, and flaws...and he will be able to handle them
I don't have to be perfect to have a reciprocal relationship
So Father I thank you for a deepening seeing of self. I thank you for prayers answered and seen in ways that I could not predict
I thank you that I am enough...that we are enough
I thank you that this is nothing more than our relationship getting more mature, and me getting more mature
That you're testing my trust and test my weakness so I am prepared
So I come against the spirit that would produce a "faint-hearted" believer
I come against it in my life
that my heart is strong
and can endure the surgery
It can endure the recovery
and it can survive the attack that will come to wear and tear!
I thank you for Strength! Courage!
It said in your word that we are promised that so I just stand another day
rain or shine
knowing that you died to allow us the opportunity to have a personal relationship! and to know a love that we could not experience otherwise
It's in your name that we claim authority and bind the things that have come to tangle us, trip us and revert us back!
It's in Jesus name that we bind Hope, Faith, Patience, Attentiveness, Courage,
Obedience to our heart!
I stand before you not perfect but willing to keep going!
I am committed to this and determined gain healing
In Jesus Name Amen

1 comment:

  1. living in faith for me involves remembering the sun above dark storm clouds. as you continue to mature and refine your walk, you may find fewer external storms, but those of your mind are the ones that really thwart your vision. the mind is a powerful organ capable of such "beautiful dreams and terrible nightmares" (its from a movie, i can't recall at the moment).

    My seed of encouragement is to master your mind. To cultivate an environment where healing can manifest and optimism can thrive. As a young leader, you will be called to help others who struggle with their own minds, hearts, bones, etc. God has given us discerning minds and stubborn attitudes in the same breath, yet the context is quite human.

    Mastery of your mind isn't something I can tell you about, for you must decide what type of internal soil you wish you gather for the bloom of your being already in progress. You know you best... those who care will make an attempt to know you better.

    Thank you for citing this situation and continued success in the journey of trusting the winds which ever way they blow keeping the jam by NEW EDITION close "Can You Stand the Rain?"

    ReplyDelete